CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 19, 2010



My mom has a HUGE blackberry bush in her backyard that sadly, no one ever really uses to make anything special, except maybe jam every few years or so. The horses sure like 'em though.

Buckaroo #2 LOVES to just sit and eat the blackberries right then and there. (He reminds me of a little bear.) He watches those blossoms all summer just waiting...waiting...waiting....I think it drives the poor kid crazy somedays. I don't know how many shirts he's stained up with the darn things.

Well, once a month I get together with a group of friends to eat, share recipes and just enjoy being kid free for a few hours. So, since there was a bunch of blackberries that need to get used and because I have a really good recipe for cobbler, I decided to take a Blackberry Cobbler to share.

I've made it with with the frozen mixed berries from Costco before and it was really good. But, the fresh berries were SOOO MUCH BETTER!

My poor family only got to have a few bites of what was left when I got home. I thought saw a little tear in Buckarro #2's big blue eyes when he saw that there wasn't much left. He wasn't too happy since he'd helped pick all those berries. (We won't talk about how many he probably ate while he was picking though.)


Blackberry Cobbler

1 cup All-Purpose flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup sugar (I usually use Splenda)

1 cup milk

1/2 cup butter (1 cube)

2 cups blackberries (or whatever fruit you want to use)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Slice up your butterand put it in the baking dish. Place it in the oven to melt while you mix the rest of your ingredients.


Combine the flour, baking powser, salt, sugar, and milk together. It might look a bit lumpy. Pour the batter into the baking dish when the butter had all melted and then the blackberries can go in. DON'T STIR IT TOGETHER!

Bake for about 40 minutes, depending on your oven. The top will get golden brown and start to pull away from the sides of the dish.


I usually double the batter because I really like the cakey part.


You could to it with some whipped cream or ice cream if you can wait long enough too get that far.

Hopefully we can go get enough berries to make one more cobbler before they're all gone for the summer so Buckaroo #2 can be happy with me again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...