If there's one thing I've actually been consistent about at our house, it's making a monthly menu. It helps me keep my food storage rotated and uses food I get on good sales, but my favorite part is that when my kids start asking "what's for dinner" I can just tell them to look at the menu and if they don't like what we're having...well darn it, it's what's on the menu. It usually works pretty well, and on the days it doesn't fly with one or more, then out comes the PB & J with the wheat bread. At least I'm nice enough to give a choice. Buckaroo #1(my pickiest eater)has finally gotten so tired of the sandwiches, that he's actually trying new foods he wouldn't ever eat before. Ha, never thought I'd see the day.
Anyway, here's what we're gonna be cookin' up at our house this week....
Sunday - Easy Lasagna, green salad, homemade bread sticks.
Monday - Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich*, chips, baby carrots w/ranch.
FHE Treat - Peach Cobbler*
Tuesday - Cap'n Crunch Chicken Strips, mac & cheese, green beans.
Wednesday - Fish, Angel Hair w/Brown Butter & Mizithra Cheese, green salad.(Buckaroo #1's turn to make dinner)
Thursday - Between Cub Scouts and 4-H both being on Thursdays, this gets to be Leftover Buffet Night.
Friday - Breakfast Casserole, fruit salad.
Saturday - BLT's, Fake Fried Zucchini, fruit salad.
(* means a new recipe that I'm trying out)
How to make Tomato Powder from Tomato Skins
1 week ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you...