I've had this recipe for a while now, and finally got around to trying it with some of the first zuccini from my garden. Probably the only thing I'd do different next time is shred the zucchini a little smaller. Otherwise, it was pretty darn tasty. The Littlest Cowgirl had me put some chocolate chips in one of the loaves which was pretty good too. Hope ya like it.
Apple-Nut Zucchini Bread
2 cups AP flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup egg substitute (like Egg-Beaters)
2 large egg whites
14 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 1/2 cups granulatd sugar (I might try Splenda next time)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1 cup shredded apple
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (I'm sure you could leave them out if you don't like them)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 3 large loaf pans with cooking spray.
Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Mix well.
Combine egg substitute and egg whites in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until frothy. (I just used my Kitchenaid mixer)
Combine flor mixture and egg mixture slowly. Add pineapple, sugars and vanilla. Mix well. Fold in apple, zucchini and walnuts.
Divide batter among loaf pans. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool for about 10 minute before removing bread from the pan, and let it cool completely before slicing.
Bread can be frozen whole or sliced.
Tasty stuff!
How to make Tomato Powder from Tomato Skins
1 week ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you...