CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Pineapple Mango Salsa and Sticky Buffalo Chicken

Pineapple Mango Salsa and Sticky Buffalo Chicken
When I went to pick up my Bountiful Basket order Saturday morning, I was a little worried about the 7 mangoes I was taking home. I had no idea what I was going to do with them all. So, I started searching Tasty Kitchen for mango recipes and found one that I knew I wanted to try. It was Pineapple Mango Salsa from The Pioneer Woman and Oh. My. Goodness. It was sooo good! I added an extra mango just because I was a little worried about them going bad before I could use them all, but we liked it so much I think I'm going to make more for an Easter get together this weekend. Go check out that there link and make ya some Pineapple Mango Salsa....yum! If you have a favorite way to use mango, give me a holler! I'd love some more ideas :)


The other day I realized that I had promised Buckaroo #1 that I would share the recipe for his favorite chicken right now. He loves his Sticky Buffalo Chicken and wishes I would make it every week. He doesn't usually like anything with any kind of a kick to it, so I was really surprised that he liked it so much. Maybe I'll start sneaking in a little more heat each time I make it and see if I can spice him up just a bit. Ü
I love how easy this recipe is...



Sticky Buffalo Chicken
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 Tbs Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce- add more or less if ya want to
1 lb breaded chicken tenders (At my local grocery store, the meat dept sells bulk "chicken fritters" and they are more bite size pieces.)

Bake or fry the chicken according to the instructions on the package. (Just so ya know, I bake mine.)
In a sauce pan, combine the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring until the brown sugar dissolves. Cook about 15-20 minutes until it starts to thicken.
When the chicken is done, transfer it into a large bowl and pour the sauce over the top. Carefully toss the chicken to make sure all the pieces are coated with the sauce.
Serve with extra sauce, ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Tasty stuff I tell ya!

Before I get to carried away posting recipes, here's what I have on the menu this week...
MONDAY - Chicken Bow Tie Salad
TUESDAY - Evil Chicken and Rice, Green Beans
WEDNESDAY - Leftover Buffet
THURSDAY - Joyce Gale Casserole, Green Salad
FRIDAY - Belgian Waffles with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream
SATURDAY - Easter Picnic with family
SUNDAY - Easter dinner

Have a fun holiday weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...