CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 25, 2011

Menu Monday

MENU MONDAY and CHICKEN BOW-TIE SALAD
I think I've mentioned before that I have a great group of friends that I get together with once a month to share recipes, laugh and have conversations that thankfully aren't centered around Disney Channel shows and Wii games. We take turns hosting and coming up with a theme for the night. This month was Favorites for Easter/Spring. I knew exactly what I wanted to take as soon as I heard the theme. Chicken Bow-Tie Salad! If you don't like pasta salads because of the mayo, you really need to try this. Most of my friends were surprised at how much they liked it, thinking it was made with just mayo or Miracle Whip. I love to take it to family parties and pot luck dinners since it makes so much and because I think it's just pretty! What are some of your favorite dishes to take to family get-togethers?


Chicken Bow-Tie Salad

4 cups cooked chicken (or turkey), diced                         
5 green onions, chopped
1 20oz can pineapple tidbits, drained             
1 cup cashews
2 cups red grapes, halved                                
2 cups celery, diced
12 oz pkg tri-colored spiral pasta, cooked      
12 oz pkg bow-tie pasta, cooked
16 oz Kraft Cole Slaw dressing (I've tried a few other dressings, and Kraft is definitely the best for this salad.)                       
1 cup mayonnaise                   
Salt and Pepper to taste

Following instructions on package, cook pastas and drain.

Mix together Cole Slaw dressing, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.

Combine dressing with cooled pasta and remaining ingredients. Mix lightly. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

And now for Menu Monday ---
MONDAY - Chicken Bow-Tie Salad
TUESDAY - Ham and Cheese Manicotti, Green Salad
WEDNESDAY - Leftover Buffet
THURSDAY - Ham and Cheese Casserole, Broccoli Salad
FRIDAY - Biscuits and Gravy, Fresh Fruit
SATURDAY - Tater Tot Taco Salad
SUNDAY - Pork Roast, Baked Potatoes, Honey Glazed Carrots, Rolls

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...