Wow...my little wanna' be cooking blog just hit 1000 viewers today. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it still makes me feel good. Ü Thanks to everyone who keeps coming back! Hopefully you're enjoying some of my recipes.
The recipe I want to share today is probably one that most people have heard of by now, but out there somewhere, is someone looking for that quick, throw it together meal. I love this one because it's pretty versatile and it really doesn't get much easier than this.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
1 16 oz pkg frozen meatballs or homemade meatballs (depends on what I have in the freezer)
1 12 oz bottle chili sauce
1 18 oz jar grape jelly (or 16 oz can jellied cranberry sauce if you want your sauce more tangy)
Combine jelly and chili sauce in a crock pot set on high heat. Mix in the meatballs. Cook on high for 1 - 2 hours or low for up to 6 hours. We love to serve them over rice.
It doesn't get much easier than that! I've also made them in a pan on the stove top and cooked until the meatballs were heated through and they still tasted great. I've also used Popcorn Chicken in place of the meatballs and the kids loved it! (Just don't cook as long.) This is definitely one quick meal I always try to have in my pantry/freezer for those days when the menu plan just isn't going to happen. And I never have to worry about the picky eaters...there's rarely any leftovers!
Here's the menu for this week...
MONDAY - Chicken Alfredo, Green Salad, Bread
TUESDAY - Orange Chicken, Teriyaki Rice, Mixed Veggies
WEDNESDAY - Leftovers
THURSDAY - Spaghetti, Green Salad, Garlic Bread
FRIDAY - French Toast Casserole, Fresh Fruit
SATURDAY - Loaded Beef Nachos
SUNDAY - Beef Chuck Roast, Smashed Potatoes, Brown Sugar Carrots, Rolls
Have a great week!!
How to make Tomato Powder from Tomato Skins
1 week ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you...