CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mexican Rice

We LOVE Mexican food at our house! For quite a while now I've been trying to copy a recipe for the rice at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, and I think I finally succeeded! Even Buckaroo #1, who claims to not like eating there (yeah, right!), said it tasted awesome. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!



Mexican Rice
1/4 cup butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced (I use a garlic press...♥ it!)
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
2 cups long grain white rice
1 Tbs cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
(Diced green pepper, diced green chilies or diced jalapenos optional) 

Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes. 
Add garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir in rice and  cook for about 3 minutes.
Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, cumin, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Stir then cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
Super yummy stuff!

Here's my menu for this week... 
MONDAY - Santa Fe Chicken Salad
TUESDAY - Coconut Shrimp, Angel Hair Pasta & Mizithra, Steamed Veggies
WEDNESDAY - Leftovers
THURSDAY - Chicken & Dumplings
FRIDAY - Ham & Cheese Mini Frittatas
SATURDAY - Pigs in a Blanket, Mac & Cheese, Fresh Veggies & Dip
SUNDAY - Chicken Enchiladas Verde, Corn on the Cob, Grilled Pineapple


Have a happy week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...